Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Beginning of Something Epic


I can hardly believe the time has come. I leave for the return journey to Uganda tomorrow. I am busy packing and preparing some surprises for the children at the Home tonight, but I wanted to pause for a moment and reflect on all that God is doing. I definitely feel the weight of the task that the Lord has called me to and I know it is going to require nothing less than complete trust, dependence, and obedience on my part. But I think I needed to pause and be reminded that I am not in this alone. Based on my experience form my last trip, I am very aware of the spiritual battle that is already going on currently and that awaits me on the field, and it is such a comfort to know that I have people dedicated to supporting me in prayer back home. Please, do not under estimate the power of your prayers; I truly believe that you who are praying for this team and this ministry are just as critical to the mission before us as the people who are actually flying on a plane to Uganda tomorrow. God has placed a passion deep inside my heart to bring light, and love, and hope to the children of Living Hope Children’s Home, but in order for that to happen battles must be fought.

I can’t wait to share with you all the amazing things that God does within the team and the Children’s Home. Thank you for your support, it has blown me away and touched me deeply. I am thrilled to be serving our mighty God right along with you in all of this. I pray that you are blessed by your investment in this ministry just as you have blessed the lives of so many. Lets make a difference for His Kingdom—a difference that last for all eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment