Friday, November 13, 2009

Tabitha

Allow me to introduce you to Tabitha, a beautiful eleven-year old girl who has touched my heart in a unique way. Even at her young age she desires to grow spiritually and hungers to know God's Word. I hope this little story gives you a glimpse into her beautiful heart.
While my team and I were at Living Hope, we did devotions with the kids each night. When we first arrived at the Home each day, Tabitha always offered to carry our team leader's bag inside. Come to find out, Tabitha carried the team leader's bag in each day because she knew that the notes for devotions were inside that bag. Tabitha had been copying the Bible verses from the devotion notes into her own notebook, for she had no Bible of her own. Tabitha's inner beauty and obvious hunger for God's Word never ceases to inspire me. I am excited to say that during this upcoming trip we will be bringing Bibles for each of the children at the home.


No comments:

Post a Comment