Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hope in the Shadow of a Storm

If I have learned anything this past year, it is that Hope is born in the midst of a storm. I used to never really understand the scripture that said, "...we rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope..." (Romans 5:3, 4), but I think I am finally beginning to see. This last year I have been through one tumultuous storm, but the love that the Father has poured into my heart is unlike anything on this side of Heaven. The idea of hope has always alluded me, but although the storm wages on, I am beginning to taste the sweetness of the love that my Savior has lavished upon me, and for the first time in my life...hope is awakening within my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment