Monday, November 23, 2009

Going Home

I am thrilled beyond measure to be returning to Uganda next month. In a strange way, it feels like going home. I was just sitting at my desk going through pictures from my last trip to Uganda and my heart aches to be back there. There are so many things I love about it.
The beauty of the land,


the thunder rolling in the night,


the African coffee...


but more than anything I love the people.


I can’t wait to wrap my arms around those children
and tell them how much they are loved.


It is my deep desire and prayer that God would use me to accomplish great things for His Kingdom and bring Him much glory. I am humbled that God would choose me for such a wonderful and difficult task. I am honored that the King of my heart would desire to use me as his hands and feet to bring the light of Christ into such darkness.

Without a doubt, the last trip to Uganda was way more difficult and way more wonderful than I had imagined. I can’t wait to see what God has in store. I want to be ready for anything He calls me to. I don’t want fear or self-doubt to hold me back from being apart of Kingdom work. I hope that everything I do would be an act of worship to my God. For His love for me is so deep and so passionate, I want more than anything to love Him back with everything I have. I want His love to flow freely from me and touch the lives of others.



1 comment:

  1. You're blog's awesome. i just nearly cried. And I'm not a crier. Prayers your way

    ReplyDelete