Friday, November 20, 2009

Ronald

I would like to introduce you to a very special person. This is Ronald. He has become like my Ugandan little brother. He is an amazing ten year old boy with a huge heart and tons of energy. When I first met him, he was a very aggressive child and would occasionally be too rough with the other children when he got upset. He was even at times too rough with me, but recognizing that he does not have the guidance and love of parents to show him how to behave and make him feel secure, I became very intentional in my interactions with him. Over the course of three weeks, I saw a significant change in his behavior. The two of us formed a special bond during that time, and I began to realize what a treasure Ronald is. He is funny, kindhearted, full of energy, and has the sweetest singing voice. Ronald has the strength to one day be a man of God and accomplish great things for the Kingdom. He, like the rest of us, simply needs the guidance of a trusted adult and the security of knowing that he is loved.


No comments:

Post a Comment